Statement of Faith
This organization is committed to the following beliefs and tenents of the Christian faith, around which all meetings
and activities shall be centered:
- One true God, Creator of the Universe, Who always was and will be (John 1:1-3; Hebrews 13:8)
- The Trinity: God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:13-17)
- The virgin birth of Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:16-25), his death on the cross (Matthew 27:57-66), resurrection (Matthew 28:1-20),
and ascension back to heaven (Mark 16:19-20)
- God's having sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross in order to make a way of salvation from sin for all people (John
- Accepting Jesus Christ as Savior as the only way to eternal life in heaven after this earthly life (John 1:12; John 14:16;
- The second coming of Christ to establish His new kingdom (I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15:51-57; John 14:1-3)
- The Holy Bible as the only inspired and infallible Word of God (II Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12-13; Revelation 22:18-19).
The purposes of the CSWF shall be:
- To promote the spiritual growth of members through prayer and Bible study during meetings.
- To provide support, fellowship, and encouragement to social work students and any other interested persons or groups.
- To help meet human and spiritual needs at the School of Social Work and the local community through volunteer outreach
- To help balance the spiritual needs and concerns of students with the demands of the social work profession.
- To serve as a voice by which the issues and concerns of Christians in social work shall be addressed.
- To follow Christ's example in showing compassion without judgement, and in seeking social justice for those who do not
have a voice.